Tuesday, May 27, 2003

“Haven’t seen you in ages …”

So, I’m back in Sydney once more.

What I find bizarre is that the first thing everyone says to me is, “You’re looking really well and relaxed.”

It’s nice to know that how well Melbourne has suited me is visible in my health and demeanour, but I worry about what this implies about how I was looking and acting before I left.

I have been gently scolded up here by a few people about the extraordinarily bitter tone of my first all-friends e-mail from Melbourne, which made some fairly brutal comments about life in Sydney.

It was a little over the top, but clearly something I needed to get out of my system. It’s fun being back and getting to see everyone – but I just wouldn’t work here as a commercial lawyer again.

It’s a good thing to realise about myself, I think.

No comments: