Thursday, June 12, 2003

Okay, dammit - I'm going and no-one can stop me

This weekend, I am determined to check out Bennet's Lane Jazz Club. I cannot call myself a jazz fan in Melbourne and not have been there yet, it's ridiculous. I'm certainly not leaving town without a visit.

I'll either go Friday or Sunday, I think. (Following Meredith's comment, below, I am now strongly inclinded to check out Sunday.)

From the site:

"Friday 23rd
Yvette Johansson Quartet
Yvette Joahnsson - vocals, band - tba

One of Melbourne's ... premier female vocalists, Yvette Johansson will perform another inspiring gig of fan favourites including a couple of the tunes from her sold out tribute to Ella Fitzgerald.

$15 or $12 concession in the Jazz Lab, Doors open 8pm in the bar"


"Sunday 25th
Hustus-Keller Duo with Danny Fischer
Andrea Keller - piano, Anita Hustus - bass, Danny Fischer - drums

Since their 1997 premiere ... the combination of pianist/composer Andrea Keller and acoustic bassist Anita Hustas (with guest drummer Danny Fischer) has created an unique niche with their stimulating mix of originals and interpretations of 20th Century Classical works. Their impressive all-original debut CD ³Ice Dreaming² bought them national attention ...their return will see them premiere several new compositions.

...

$10 or $8 concession"


Seems Yvette Johansson drew some of the biggest crowds at the January Melbourne International Jazz Festival.

Anyone who's interested in coming, just sing out (no pun intended).

No comments: