Monday, July 21, 2008

Most amusing sign-post yet

So, I took some time off revising my PhD for its publication as a book (an experience that's a blog in itself), for a morale-restoring bike ride around some neighbouring villages recently.

I decided to take a short-cut between Coton and another hamlet by cycling down a "bridle path".

Bridle paths seem designated for horses, but judging by the single, grass-bare groove in the soil are frequently used by bikes.

Mountain bikes, probably, the serious type, rather than my enfeebled second-hand incredibly low-slung town bike. Nonetheless, like a good Australian I didn't allow totally inappropriate tools to prevent me tackling a job.

Anyway, while bouncing along the remains of a corrugated track made, it seemed, by giant tractor treads I came across this gem of a warning sign (click for larger image):


Because, y'know, its not as if horses hadn't been traversing this area for a while already ...

2 comments:

The Organic Viking said...

I've obviously missed that one so far! I should show you the picture of the 'Beware skiers' road sign that K and I found in Norway...

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Doug.